Wednesday, January 13, 2016

What do I do with the Christmas Cards I Receive??

I love receiving Christmas Cards in the mail!  Honestly, I do!!  I am filled with anticipation every time I go to the mailbox during December.  I don't receive hundreds, but I treasure the ones I do receive.

When my niece was little (about 20 years ago), photo cards started gaining popularity.  I had just started scrapbooking so I decided to make this a yearly tradition and put the photos in a special holiday book.  Since then I have continued that tradition.  Well, I have tried to continue that tradition. I was a few years behind (only 2 years really) so this year I made it a goal to catch up!! Now that most people send a photo card, I can fill 4-5 pages a year.  I have almost filled my second book!

I typically sort the cards and have a page dedicated to Family, Friends, Work Friends and Neighbors.  It's fun to see the changes over time, especially for those who we don't get together with anymore.  Here is the layout I decided upon for 2015.  I don't use the whole card and try to use a picture which shows the whole family.





I wanted to use non-traditional holiday colors and when I saw the trees on the Sweet Lil' Things DSP I knew that's what I had to use.  I liked how the Peaceful Pines photopolymer stamp set and coordinating framelits coordinated with the pine trees on this paper.  I decided to use the color scheme from the paper for the embellishments.

I was really happy to have caught up (almost) on this task.  It was something that has nagged at me.  I actually completely forgot where I put the 2014 cards. I spent days looking for them and finally found them in a drawer in my stamp room.  So, guess I will finish those pages (soon)!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment