Sunday, January 17, 2016

Coasting along!

Wow, I think I have posted more in January than I did in the past 3 months. Partly because I had time to play over the holidays.  Of course, I still have the Christmas Tree up so guess I need to prioritize other things for a little while ;0). This is way more fun though!

Anyway, my neighbor loves the idea of personalized coasters and she has asked me to make a few for her as gifts for her to give.  Her birthday is this month so I decided to make her a set of her own!

I use ceramic tile and have stamped on them in the past using the craft stamp pads Stampin' Up used to sell.  Unfortunately, they only have white and vanilla now so I have had to try several options.

I decided to try to mix Whisper White craft ink with regular ink (Soft Suede) to see if that would work.  It worked okay except the ink did spread on the tile a little.  However, for this particular stamp, I LOVED the effect!



For the background I used the Hardwood stamp set.  The ink spread a little during the heat setting and made the image more like a birch tree.  I love the effect!!

Once the background dried I used the Basic Black Archival stamp pad to stamp the leaves (Summer Silhouettes Wood Mount Stamp set from the Stampin' Up! 2015-16 Annual Catalog).  The monogram is from an older (retired) alphabet stamp set.



I can't wait to give her these coasters!  I am sure she will love them.  



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment