Thursday, January 21, 2016

Balloon Celebration!

It was a chilly day weekend, the perfect weekend to stay inside and papercraft!  I got a lot done so I am happy I am able to post some new projects.

My niece's birthday is coming up and I wanted to try to be early (or at least on time) with sending her card.  Step one is done, now just to make sure it gets in the mail on time!

I wanted to use the new Balloon Celebration bundle from the Stampin' Up! 2016 Occasions catalog. It is a fun set with so many options!  I love the fact that there is a punch for the balloons.  A little secret (confession) though.  I forgot where I put the punch so I fussy cut the balloons for this card. Afterwards, I spent some time hunting for the punch and found it!  So, next time it will be a little easier to use this stamp set.

For this card I started with Whisper White and mixed a drop of Island Indigo ink with alcohol and brushed the ink mixture on the cardstock.  The balloons are Melon Mambo and More Mustard (retired color from Stampin' Up!).  Another confession, I still haven't cleared out my scraps since the last color refresh from SU and so I thought I pulled out Crushed Curry.  Alas, I did not.  I wanted to use Crushed Curry because it is a brighter color and would look really great with the Melon Mambo.  The More Mustard looks good too ;0).


Apart from fussy cutting the balloons, this card was pretty easy to put together.  For the bow I used the new thick baker's twice (basic black and melon mambo) and pulled apart the colors to get only the melon mambo.  I made a fork bow using only two tines to make a smaller bow.

A fun card that I hope my niece will enjoy!

Stay warm everyone!


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment