Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Colour Me BIrthday!

Wow, can't believe September is over already!  I had such a great time playing along with the creative designers at the Colour Me Challenge!  It was an honor to design along side them and to be invited into their blog.  I really love the color combinations they create and plan to play along in the future!  

The color challenge (CMCC#91) for this week is a choice!



I decided to use the darker set of colors to match the fall weather we are feeling here in Chicago.



I need to catch up on some birthday cards so I have them on hand when needed!  I also wanted to try use a technique to change things up.  While I love the background stamps Stampin' Up! has for us to use, sometimes it's nice to create something unique!

For this card I sprayed a piece of whisper white cardstock with wateer and then used an aquapainter to add Lost Lagoon and Delightful Dijon ink to the smaller rectangle background.  You have to work fast because the water dries quickly and the paper may start to pill a little.  I love the way it turned out.

I decided to add a little interest to the card by adding the monochromatic scallops to the base.

The butterfly has some silver thread behind it to add a little flare.

This color combination is gorgeous!  I really like the Delightful Dijon cardstock.  Really all of the 2015-2017 In Colors from Stampin' Up! are just gorgeous!  

Well, that's it for today!  Can't wait to see what you create with the color choices!  Both combinations are beautiful.

Thanks for following me this month and I really appreciate the encouraging words!  

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment