Monday, August 17, 2015

Happy Birthday Mash-Up

I wanted share a quick post with a card I made for my Mom for her birthday.  I saw the Friday Mash-up challenge and thought it would be a great way to spark creativity for her card!

  • Create a project using shades of Dijon, Olive, Razzleberry
  • Create a project inspired by Summer Flowers
  • or Mash it Up! and create a "Summer Flowers Project using the colors above. 

I decided to mash it up and dust off one of my older floral stamp sets!  I always wonder why I keep buying stamp sets with flowers.  How many floral stamps does a lady really need?  Well, apparently a lot because you never know which flower will suit your needs for the day!  And so that is how I justify that to myself. ;0)

Anyway, I don't think I have ever used the color combination in the challenge so I was quite excited to play along.


I really like how the colors blend so well int his card.  A nice rich palette.  The flowers are from the Flower Shop stamp set, stamped in Chocolate Chip onto Delightful Dijon cardstock and then punched with the coordinating stamp set.

The leaves and the greeting are from the Butterfly Basics photopolymer stamp set.  Another classic stamp set!  I just love the font for this greeting!!

Fairly simple card.  I was trying to figure out which embellishment to add.  I couldn't decide so I decided to do nothing else.  I felt like anything I considered took away from the design instead of adding that special spark.  

I am glad I was able to find time to make this card. Now I just have to get it to her...



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty card! Thanks for playing along at Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete