Saturday, May 2, 2015

Whew, you can never have too much happy!

Wow, a lot going on everywhere!  My day job is busy with a project I am working on, at home the warm weather brings opportunity for "projects" which includes planning and forecasting, and Stampin' Up! is preparing to transition to a new catalog!  Whew, exhausted just thinking about it all!

Anyway, I had time yesterday to go through my current Stampin' Up! catalog and track everything that is retiring, getting ready to make room for different goodies to come!  I checks on the Friday Mash-up FM207 challenge and it was perfect for this task!!  A sketch challenge using retiring (or retired Stampin' Up! products)!



After I went through and figured out what was retiring, it was easier to decide which stamps to use for this challenge!  Of course, I just had to use the 2013-2015 In Colors since those are certainly retiring!  I will miss Coastal Cabana and Baked Brown Sugar.  But, I am so looking forward to the new 2015-2017 In Colors!

I used the Positively Chevron background stamp, Yippie Skippee for the greeting and Stippled Blossoms for the flowers and leaves.



For the flowers I stamped the bottom layer with Crisp Cantaloupe and the top layer with Strawberry Slush.  I wasn't sure how well these colors would go together, but I love the effect!  For the leaves, for the bottom layer I used Pistachio Pudding and the top layer is Wild Wasabi.

I used a clip from the Essentials Hardware collection and Coastal Cabana baker's twine.


The only items I used on this care that are not retiring are the Whisper White cardstock and the Wild Wasabi ink.

Turned out great if I do say so myself!  now to clean out the rest of the retiring products to make room for new stuff!  Only 1 month to go!!

Happy creating everyone!




Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

3 comments:

  1. Hi Wendi, what a great celebration of retiring products you've put together! Your card shows them and the sketch off so very well. Thanks so much for joining us this week for the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love the bold background against the simple sentiment and flowers!

    Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love your graphic feel! Tfs at the Mashup!

    ReplyDelete