Monday, September 29, 2014

Hello Fall Y'all!

I love that saying.  I am in no way Southern, midwesterner through and through, whatever that means.  But I just love the saying "Happy Fall Y'All!". For this months Stampin' Celebration Inspiration Challenge #SC88, a few things just came together for me that made the outcome fun!



Of course, I love the leaves in the Fun Fall framelits dies in the 2014 Stampin' Up! Holiday mini so I had to use them on the card.  Also, I bought the Yee Haw photopolymer stamp set and couldn't wait to figure out how to use it.  So, while it took me a few days to put everything together, the mojo gelled and I came out with a card I was happy to share!




A lot of different elements in this card.  For the leaves, I sprayed a mix of alcohol and mossy meadow ink onto crushed curry and cherry cobbler cardstock and used the Fun Fall framelit dies to cut them out.  For the orange leaves I actually started with very vanilla cardstock and sprayed it with a mixture of tangerine tango alcohol spray and mossy meadow alcohol spray.  The effect is more of a watery color mixture effect instead of the sprayed droplets.  If that makes sense.

For the acorns, I stamped the acorn stamp from the For All Things stamp set with VersaMark onto Kraft cardstock.  I used my bone folder to carefully apply clear embossing powder to the bottom of the acorn and early espresso embossing powder to the top of the acorn.  I don't really know how the gray in between the two colors came about but I am liking it!


A few staples here, a few dimensionals there, a little burlap and linen thread later and a card to welcome fall is created.

Hope you play along with the challenge!  I can't believe October is on it's way. Luckily it's a long month, nevertheless, it will likely go by as quickly as the rest of the year!

Have a great day!

Stamps: For All Things, Yee Haw
Colors: Kraft Cardstock, Night of Navy, Crushed Curry, Cherry Cobbler, Mossy Meadow, Tangerine Tango
Big Shot: Fun Fall Framelit Dies, Word Bubble Framelit Dies
Accessories: Burlap ribbon, Linen thread, Stapler and mini staples, Early Espresso Embossing Powder, VersaMark ink pad, heat tool 

1 comment: