Monday, September 8, 2014

Fresh Courage

It's been a while since I played along with Freshly Made Sketches.  I needed a card for a co-worked who is in the hospital so I decided to try and find a sketch that was simple enough for my tired Monday brain.  Freshly Made Sketches #152 hit that mark!


I love the Four Feathers stamp set from the ©Stampin' Up! 2014 Holiday catalog and the Feather framelits dies.  I also love that they are bundled with a 15% discount!


I used the color combination from the Color Me Autumn Designer Series Paper and Washi Tape, also in the Holiday Catalog.  The colors I used are Soft Suede, Cajun Craze, Old Olive and Mossy Meadow with Very Vanilla.

I used the rock-n-roll method to ink the feathers by stamping the feather in Old Olive ink first and then rolling the edge of the feather in the Mossy Meadow for a two-toned effect.  I saw a few multi-toned feathers using these stamps on Pinterest so I decided to try the rock-n-roll effect.

I used a small gold-brushed button (2014 Holiday Catalog) and looped some crushed curry baker's twine behind it.

The sentiment is from the Something to Say stamp set in the 2014-2015 ©Stampin' Up! Catalog.

Hope you enjoyed the card! 

No comments:

Post a Comment