Friday, August 1, 2014

Stampin' Celebration August Inspiration

Hi everyone, I am in total denial about back to school.  Unfortunately, my kids only have 2 weeks left before the big day!  So sad.  But, good to get back into a consistent pattern.

This months inspiration challenge at Stampin' Celebration #84 was fun to play with, although a little nostalgia hit me.  My kids are in high school and middle school, and they won't give the cute back to school teacher gifts to their teachers anymore.  I have to be creative now in how I acknowledge the teachers!


For this sketch so many ideas flew through my head.  In the end I decided on a chalkboard sketch and tried to incorporate the cute red school house!


For the school house I used cherry cobbler cardstock and cut them to 1/2" and sponged the edges with cherry cobbler ink to add depth.  The word window is from the Essential Wooden Elements.  I sprayed it with a solution of alcohol and crushed curry refill ink and then stamped it with a greeting from Be the Star stamp set in the Stampin' Up! 2014-15 catalog.  I added a little cherry cobbler baker's twine behind the word window. 


For the chalkboard I used stamps from the What's Up? stamp set as well as the greeting from Life's Adventures (a hostess set in the 2014-15 catalog).  I used Versamark and embossing powder (white, crushed curry and blushing bride) and then rubbed a little whisper white craft ink on the black cardstock to give it a worn effect.

Time to start getting the supplies in order.  I have another staycation planned for next week.  Lots of shopping in my future!  

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment