Friday, July 4, 2014

Social Graduation



Welcome back!  I am excited to show you the second graduation card I made this past weekend.  I ended up using Clean & Simple Sketch challenge # 297 as the basis for the card layout.




I was looking at my new stamps trying to figure out which stamps to use. Since this was for a high school graduate, I thought the @Sosocial stamp set would be perfect!



Since I purchased this stamp set in clear mount, I used a bigger acrylic block and lined up the 3 greetings on the block so I could stamp them all it once. One less step in stamping the Garden Green greetings!

For the stars I used the Be The Star stamp set and the Star Framelit dies in Garden Green, Crushed Curry and Whisper.  The smaller stars were punched using the star from the Itty Bitty accents punch pack.  I adhered the larger star to the card using dimensionals and rest I glued directly to the card front.

His graduating school colors were green and white while the college he will attend is green and gold so I thought it was a nice mix of colors for him, old with the new.  The Crushed Curry star also helped add a little color accent to the card.  If I would have used all green and white I think the card would have looked more bland.

Hope you enjoyed the card!

1 comment:

  1. I can't get enough of these stars!! Love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete