Friday, June 6, 2014

Pop-Up Graduation Card

I mentioned in a previous post that my niece graduated from high school.  She was in Track and Field and had a tremendous high school career in Track and Field. This year she won first place at the state championship in the 100 meter hurdles and 300 meter hurdle events along with 3rd place victories in the long jump and 4x400 relay race.  A truly outstanding accomplishment for her and her team!  She will be attending the University of Minnesota in the fall and joining their track team. Hopefully we will get to see her continue to up her game!

When it came time to make her graduation card I built her card in my mind over time.  I am very pleased with the way it turned out.  It didn't take too long to make this, although certainly not a 15 minute card!


For the front of the card, I used my e-cutter to cut out the graduation cap and the 2014.  These came from the My Digital Studio Embark Graduate stamp brush set.  The stamp set I used is a retired Stampin Up set.  There are several stamp sets in the new catalog that I would have liked to use, like the Bravo Stamp Set, but I don't have them yet ;0).  But Bravo was one of the first items I ordered when the new catalog went live on Monday!

For the inside, I made a pop-up card with a silhouette of my niece running the hurdles!  I found a picture on-line of her and print it out.  Then I traced it onto basic black and cut it.




The "W" on the right represents her high school and the "M" on the left is for the University of Minnesota.  I cut the two letters with my e-cutter (not Stampin Up letters unfortunately).

I can only imagine the possibilities she is setting out to achieve and we wish her much success as she reaches for her goals.  She is one of those young ladies who is driven to succeed and will do so.  She already has!       

No comments:

Post a Comment