Friday, April 11, 2014

Freshly Made Thanks

It's been a busy month already!  I can't believe it's April 11th.  We took our first Spring Break this year!  Usually our vacation is int he summer time but we booked a trip to Jamaica in November, before we knew the winter we would have!  I have to say, I am so glad we did!!  It was great to be in warm weather for a while!  Then, when we returned I had to go to San Francisco for a few days for work. I haven't been away from home this much in a while.  It's kind of nice, but then again, I like to be home!!

The good thing is that I read 5 books in the past 2 weeks, unprecedented!!  The bad news was that I didn't have much time to stamp :0(.  Today was the first time in a while I could stamp.  I decided to make it easy and play along with Freshly Made Sketches #131.


For this card I used the Six Sided Sampler stamp set and Etcetera Designer Series Paper.  The card went together pretty quickly once I chose the color scheme.  I still had a few ribbon scraps leftover from my nieces birthday tags so I used a color combination that would allow me to use up some of these scraps!

Hoping to get to some scrapbooking this weekend.  I did not complete my challenge (finish up 2013 by end of March) and now I have a whole vacation to document!!  The good news is, I am getting my own laptop soon, so I won't have to negotiate with my daughters for a computer.  Let's see if that excuse pans out ;0).

Have a good one!  Should be springtime weather this weekend in Chicagoland!!

Stamp Sets: Six Sided Sampler
Colors: Pear Pizzazz, Calypso Coral, Wisteria Wonder, Crushed Curry, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Crushed Curry 3/4" Chevron Ribbon, Pear Pizzazz 3/4" Chevron Ribbon, Etcetera Designer Series Paper

2 comments:

  1. This is such a fun take on the sketch! I love the colorful hexagons. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative! I love your take on this weeks sketch with all of those fun hexy's and colours! thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete