Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Sending Kisses

I had to make a card for a friend who lost her mother to alzheimers this weekend.  Such an awful disease!  It was sad for her to lose her Mom, but she really lost her a while ago.

Anyway, I wanted to play along with retro sketches #96 so I thought I would use this sketch for the card.

Here is my take on the sketch.


I pulled out the Retro Fresh DSP and decided to build off of this paper and color scheme.  I didn't want to make an actual sympathy card so I decided to use Petite pairs to show her how much I care.  The "Xs" from the punch pack (actually flowers to match the floral fusion sizzlit) fit the theme perfectly!  I used summer starfruit ribbon and cardstock for the Xs.  Really like how this turned out!

I hope it helps to brighten her day a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment