Saturday, August 24, 2013

Elegant Birthday

This card was inspired by Stampin' Celebration sketch challenge #69.  I didn't really have a plan when I started to pull supplies to make this card.  The only thing I knew was that I wanted to use the ruffled ribbon for the stitching.  As I flipped through my stack of designer series paper the Modern Medley DSP caught my eye. I just ordered and received the Neutrals Coredination Paper and it clicked!  Black and vanilla with a hint of color.  

I made two cards using two different embossing folders. After I sanded the coredinations cardstock, I sprayed it with the vanilla shimmer smooch spritz. Guess I could have changed it up the DSP too but I had already cut the paper with the fancy fan design so I went with it.





Stamp Sets: Everything Eleanor, Four You
Colors: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Crisp Cantaloupe
Big Shot: Beautifully Baroque Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, 
Flower Garden Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Accessories: Modern Medley DSP, Basic Black Coredinations Cardstock, 
Versamark, Black Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, 
Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons, Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and elegant card! Love the DSP/color combo you used and the sanding/spritzing really add to it! Thanks so much for joining us this month at Stampin' Celebration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE card!! I love the colors you chose for this card, thanks so much for sharing with us at SCIC!!

    ReplyDelete